Winter Warmer Vegetable Soup
Ingredients (serves four)
1 large carrot
700g potato (peeled and roughly diced)
2 small onions
60g salted butter
3 sprigs of thyme
1 shot of whisky (optional)
1tsp freshly ground black pepper
1½ litre vegetable stock
3 tbsps honey
1 pinch of freshly ground nutmeg
1 to 2 scoops of Nutilis Powder per bowl
Tip from the chef: Add 50ml cream to the soup to add an extra 97kcal
1. Peel and roughly chop the turnip, potatoes, carrot and onions. Put the vegetables and butter in a medium sized pan and cook until the vegetables start to caramelise.
2. Stir in the thyme and honey, followed by the vegetable stock, and simmer for approximately one hour on a medium heat.
3. Once the soup is cooled, transfer to a blender or alternatively blend with a stem blender. Add the nutmeg and seasoning whilst blending, followed by the shot of whisky (optional). Pass through a fine strainer for a smooth soup, tasting in case more seasoning is needed.
4. Add Nutilis Powder, 2 scoops per bowl and stir until thick.
5. Then reheat in the microwave or pan to serve.
NB: Suitable for those on a smooth puréed diet once the soup is blended.
Click on this link to download and print a copy of this Nutilis Winter Warmer Vegetable Soup Recipe