Spring Lamb Stew With Rosemary and Redcurrant Jelly
Ingredients (serves four)
200g stewing lamb
1 tbsp olive oil
60g button mushrooms
200ml meat stock (lamb, beef or chicken)
125ml red wine
1 tbsp redcurrant jelly, or to taste
2 sprigs rosemary
Salt and black pepper
100g chopped onions
100g chopped root vegetables (such as carrot, turnip, parsnip etc)
4 scoops Nutilis Powder
1. Cut the lamb into pieces and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
2. Heat the oil in a casserole and fry the lamb, onions and root vegetables for 4-5 minutes until browned.
3. Add the mushrooms, meat stock, red wine, redcurrant jelly and rosemary, and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for 2 to 3 hours, or until the meat is very tender.
4. Check the seasoning and remove the sprigs of rosemary (as dangerous for someone with swallowing difficulty).
5. Place mixture in blender and blend until smooth, you may have to add a little more meat stock into mixture to make it smooth.
6. Add the Nutilis Powder to the mixture and blend for 30 seconds. This will thicken the mixture to the correct consistency.
7. Serve immediately and enjoy!
Note: The dish can be reheated in a microwave if needed, make sure it is heated to 75 degrees Celsius.
Chef's Tip: Serve on a bed of pureed sweet red cabbage.
Click on this link to download and print a copy of this Nutilis Spring Lamb Stew With Rosemary and Redcurrant Jelly.